March 16, 2008

Tysha's Working on a Soccer Ball


As Tysha was preparing for a night out yesterday she said to me, "So, do you think it looks like a soccer ball yet?"

Well, she's definitely showing now. And the comments have begun but nope, she has not yet reached soccer ball status. Curiously, Tysha has had to have many reassurances from me that yes the baby is growing and yes, the doctor said everything looks great. A word to the wise, never tell a woman who is pregnant, "My you're small, are you sure the baby is growing?"


Not a good thing to say. I know for a fact that Tysha has spent a few nights staring wide eyed at the ceiling with both hands on her belly, probably mentally coaxing Sawyer to put on some poundage! I was grateful to a doctor who said on our last visit that Sawyer was the perfect size for perfectly cute, small Tysha. We definitely don't want Sawyer to be jumbo size. Ugh! I shudder to imagine.

So I'll take my cute wife with half a soccer ball rather than the whole thing. At least for now. I'm sure she's got some more soccer ball growing to come in these last 12 weeks.

9 comments:

NessaAnn said...

You look adorable and perfectly pregnant to me, Tysha! I never really had a soccer ball at all... Jed decided he preferred to dwell in the upper portion of my abdomen, cozily crammed into my rib cage, feet merrily kicking all sorts of uncomfortable spots up there for our last 13 weeks.... So I always looked kind of small, my bump more wide fat-girl than cute sticky-out soccer ball... He didn't even drop until a week or so before I delivered, but then he dropped hard and fast and I was almost fully dilated/effaced by the time we kicked into labor!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Tysha, you look great. I think it's better to get the small comments than the "are you sure there is only one in there" comments. It hasn't happened yet to me, but it's bound to by the end. Gotta love it!

cherlyn and family said...

My goodness, He's sure growing fast in their. I wish you well.

Corey said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with us! My OB/GYN said the same thing about me when I was pregnant. She was always worried that I wasn't growing big enough and I always measured 5 cm less than I should have been. So she thought I was going to have a smaller baby. But then guess who pops out but an almost 9# Jonah! Not to scare you or anything! It just goes to show you that all women carry their babies differently. Once you deliver though, you'll be surprised how that little guy was actually able to fit inside of you and still be able to wiggle around!

Travis said...

You still have time for the soccer ball look to come. Jeanie didn't start really sticking out until the last few weeks.

At least that's what I remember. I have no evidence because Jeanie wasn't so fond of having her picture taken.

Danielle said...

Take it from somebody who grew an 8lb-11oz LARGE soccer ball that you are SO SO lucky! You guys are adorable. I like reading up on the baby progress. :)

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

Don't worry about a half soccer ball before you know it you'll be basketball size!! Metz took awhile to pop out and when he did it was a whole new world. Enjoy your size. Every stage is exciting.

Joe and Joanne said...

Tysha - you look so cute pregnant.
I have no doubt little Sawyer will grow-grow-grow before and after you give birth to him! Looking forward to 3rd trimester pics! :)

Tristie hearts Dax said...

you look absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy for you. Keep up the great work, mama!