September 20, 2009

Have I ever mentioned how much I love sailboats?

Well, I do. I do, I do, I do! I posted this on my photoblog because I took it as I was waiting to meet some clients for a photo session late yesterday afternoon. I got to the location (beach, obviously) and I looked out on the water and beheld a fleet of beautiful sailboats welcoming me. At least that's what it felt like. It had been a long day. Sawyer had not been feeling well, I hadn't been feeling too great, either. And we had spent several hours at Recycled Cycles pawning off 3 of our old bikes so we can upgrade to a better commuting bike for Jacob. Good news is: tomorrow he gets to go pick out a new bike (he's been so patient waiting for this - he rode one bike in which the peddle would fall off several times on his ride to work!). Sawyer was a trooper (as usual), Jacob made us dinner and watched Sawyer so I could go do my photo session and behold this amazing sight. Seriously, sometimes God looks down on us and gives us something simple - like maybe an ocean view with a few brilliant sailboats and clouds - to make a gray and rainy day all of a sudden seem, well, sunny. Know what I mean?

2 comments:

Brittany said...

i think you did a great job of capturing the mood of the moment. what a great pic!

ps - i don't think i ever told you congrats on the little girl. well, the little baby girl you'll be having in a few months. it must be exciting to think you'll have your very own "mini-me".

Dena said...

Oh man...I thought that was only me who loved sailboats. What is it about them?

My Papa had one when we were little and we spent ALL of our time with them, on it. But I have a horrible fear of dark, deep water. And typically sailboats and deep water go together...which makes for a difficult fear/love! ;)

Thanks SO much for the lovely picture post. It's wonderful!

(hoping for a day soon where we can do a family photo shoot!!)