March 11, 2010

All Hail, The Queen!


If you come to our home, you may hear Sawyer say these three words: "Spit Up Queen!" Yes, we have dubbed the Little Miss Aspen as the Queen of spit-up. Maybe I just don't remember correctly, but it seems to me this little girl spits up a lot more than her brother ever did. He wasn't a very spity-up guy, and rarely drooled (lucky for us!) Aspen, however, has these projectile spit-ups (hence the extra load of laundry every other day - both of us have to change our clothes!)

Anyway...I decided to put 2 and 2 together: leftover fabric, and party time with Aspen that still lasts into the wee hours sometimes= productivity time! I have to admit, Jacob has to almost wrestle me for the late-night shift...Aspen and I have been having a lot of fun doing crafty things at 2am :)

Thanks, once again, to my parents for the wonderful Christmas gift - I have been getting a LOT of use out of my sewing machine! This could be a dangerous habit I'm forming!

Okay, so I made some burp cloths for The Queen.

I keep stashes around the house. In each room. They even coordinate with our decor (I know, I'm a little crazy at times...) And I may even make some more (bring on the Amy Butler fabric!)

They're also the perfect size to stuff in the diaper bag...

Or...roll a few up, tie them together with a ribbon (or a cute headband if it's for a baby girl) and WA LA!! A great baby-shower gift! (watch out if you're inviting me to your next baby shower - I may show up with some of these!)


Dear Aspen,

Thanks for the fun times we've been having bonding over the hum of the sewing machine! Too bad you're starting to get night and day turned back around (well, one day soon anyway!)...I will miss our late-night parties!

xoxo,

Momma

ps-Happy 6-week-old Birthday this weekend!



8 comments:

Danielle said...

Nathan was all about the projectile vomit too. I made a zillion burp cloths as well and they were everywhere. Thankfully Austin never spits up, now I don't know what to do with all the burp cloths. :)
Glad you are enjoying the night-time bonding, although I hope she gets a little more regular in her sleep habits so you can get some too.

Dena said...

I'm lost in those eyes...I don't know how you get any work done! :)

AO said...

SO SO cute, both the pics of Aspen, and also of the burp cloths. How talented you are, which I already knew :) Maybe I need to invest in a sewing machine one of these days. Love the Queen title :)

Rachel and Jared said...

I love looking at your photo inspirations and crafts. You always have beautiful things to show and share. Aspen's eyes are SO blue. Do you enhance/edit them or is that just what they look like? They seem to be blue from the beginning...So sweet!

capturingtheride said...

Rachel -

Her eyes are looking very blue...I guess we'll see if they stay that way! Also, like Sawyer, her hair is starting to fall out! (Remember his Monk look? Luckily, the headbands help hide it for her!) I'm thinking it's going to fall out and turn lighter, anyway Sawyer's ended up turning blond...I'm sure she'll look a lot different in a few months! But I do love the little frog-ish newborn looks!

capturingtheride said...

opps -
ps - to answer your question...no enhancement done whatsoever to those baby blues!

Emery said...

she is SO gorgeous. and i'm absolutely CRAZY over amy butler! great choice, my friend.

Rachel and Jared said...

Wow I just love those eyes!! So cute!! She is going to have bright blues!