September 6, 2010

"buildin' it"

Well, it was time. I mean, who has a business with "Little Red Wagon" in the name and doesn't actually own one? That changed when the doorbell rang last week and the Amazon delivery guy delivered my new, yet classic, Radioflyer. MMM HMMM. You might say it was a gift from my dear Grandpa Millard and Grandma Iris. I think they would have approved. I know it's kinda funny, but it means a lot to me, thinking of this as a gift sent from them, since they were such a huge part of my life and the beautiful memories of my childhood.

Just like his Great-Grandpa Millard (who was a Master Mechanic on everything from planes to trains), Sawyer is a guy who is intrigued by things that move. He is pretty much obsessed with cars, trucks, planes, trains, you know. SUCH A BOY. The new wagon sat in the box for several days and Sawyer kept asking about it. I told him we needed Daddy to help us build it. Well past bedtime last night, we all went outside in front of our garage and got to work. My heart did a little flip when I saw Sawyer helping his Daddy.

Me: I think we're ready to put the wheels on now.
Sawyer: (as shown above - carefully sets each wheel on top of the wagon, then announces:) I built it, Mommy, I put the wheels on!
Me: (heart doing little flips to see my son holding a tool in one hand, so proud of himself) Good job, Sawyer!
Sawyer: very proud smile. very proud. big. huge. smile :)

Anyway, we did build it. We built it, and then I pulled Sawyer around our driveway. And then Sawyer pulled Aspen around our driveway. And then, Daddy pulled Mommy, Sawyer, and Aspen around our driveway.

I am happy to have acquired this wagon to use as it as a mascot and prop in my Photography busines...but, more than that, I am so looking forward to the memories our family will create pulling this little red wagon along during their childhood. I imagine it will be the kind of thing that one day our grandchildren will love, and their parents will tell them about riding along in Mommy's wagon. Because that's what Sawyer calls it: Mommy's wagon. You know, I'm still just a kid at heart anyway. A kid kinda grown up, with kids of my own, but still just a kid. I think I pretty much always will be, if that's okay?

If anyone wants a ride in my new wagon, come on over!

3 comments:

allegra said...

SO cute, tysha. i love his little concentrating face:) i can't wait to see this wagon assembled and incorporated into your photo session coming up!

allegra said...

p.s. i love that jacob pushed you in the wagon, too. you are a kid at heart. that's why i love you so:)

Anonymous said...

I would love a ride!!! XO