November 2, 2010

I Like Days Like These (...and Aspen is 9 months old!)




Today was Beautiful.

It was sunny.
It was warm.
It was a perfect day to spend all morning at the park,
by the beach,
bare feet and all.


It was the perfect day to...
gnaw on rocks
:)
(the best teething toy, ever, if you ask Aspen)
or, perhaps, just watch Sawyer
he likes rocks, too.

Skipping rocks (or trying to, anyway)

*I kid you not, my kids would be happy to get rocks for Christmas!
Yes, I like days like these.

*and*

Aspen turned 9 months old over the weekend!

She now says "Mama" and means it.
She signs "all done" after meals.
She loves to stand up, all the time.
She loves to giggle - especially at Sawyer.
She can make car noises, and girly squeals, too.
She can stick out her tongue, "neener neener" style.
She doesn't have any teeth...yet.

I honestly can't believe that when Sawyer was her age, I got pregnant with her. Yikes. I am understanding now why many people have the first two close together and then space the next one out a little. She's still a baby. And growing up way to fast. Strangely, people always ask me if they're twins. (Don't they notice one walks and talks and the other doesn't?) I want to soak up all of her baby-ness before we have another. I am loving our two babes and want to just breathe for a moment and enjoy them for a season. I'm sure we'll be gettin' that swagga' wagon soon enough. But for now, we'll keep on car dancin' in our beat up old Civic :)




4 comments:

allegra said...

today WAS beautiful! and tomorrow is supposed to be, too I hear! We enjoyed riding scooters up and down the sidewalks outside.

geeze. aspen looks SO cute in the headband I made her. I kind of miss making those suckers. I might have to start up my etsy shop again really soon cause I *sort of* miss it.

funny. Aspen likes to knaw on rocks and ruby today was eating leaves like crazy off the ground today. Our girls are nature girls. :)

allegra said...

p.s. happy 9 MONTHS! 9 months?! really? aaah! just a couple more months 'til her birthday!!!

capturingtheride said...

allegra-

Oh yes, the headband! I think it is my fave of the several you made for her - just love those funky colors - so I thought I better try to get a pic of her pretty in that headband before she entirely quits headbands. Luckily, once we got to the park, she was so taken by her surroundings, she forgot to rip off the headband :)

Thanks again for makin' my girl cute with your stylin' headband-makin'-talents (among others) :)

Tirza said...

You should try making felted rocks. I just bought wool roving to do this with my kids. http://www.gsheller.com/2010/10/last-weeks-felting-fun.html