May 4, 2011

Momma's Takin' Us To The Zoo...


We have a membership at the Woodland Park Zoo and we love to go. There are weeks in which we sometimes go at least twice, in fact! But for various reasons, we haven't been for a few weeks, so we were excited to be going today.

Almost every time we are in the car trekking the 3 miles up the street to get there...I can't help but sing a bit of Peter, Paul, and Mary because it makes me happy and gets the kids clapping and singing and excited to go.

Today, we were extra excited because Aunt Kaitlin, Alyssa, and baby Xannie came up and went to the zoo with us!

The weather was absolutely perfect...and we all had a blast!

It was cute to see Sawyer and Alyssa walk around the zoo holding hands and laughing at each other and having a great time.

We saw a lot of animals, but the only one I got a picture of was the peacock. He spread is feathers and shook them at us - quite a sight to see!

We also made a stop at Zoomazium just in time for "Shake, Rattle, and Roar" where they play fun music to move and groove to and provide shaking music makers for everyone to use. Sawyer and Alyssa decided they not only wanted to shake and dance - but they wanted to add some percussion as well!

They had fun pretending to "feed" the baby elephant (with dirt, nonetheless). Alyssa was so cute. When I asked her what animal she wanted to see the most (I may as well be a tour guide at the zoo by now, I have it down pat :) she said "the komodo dragon". And so we did! Personally, I thought the nearby Meerkats were much more cute than the big lizards, but who am I to judge? The kids quite enjoyed those big lizards!


And the cute baby sisters.

Aspen just wants to be a big girl now. She wants to walk and run everywhere. She says "ha" (hand) and holds out her little hand to grab yours and pull you along wherever she wants to go. She also loves to shake her head "yes" or "no" and has taken to saying "yeah!" as she shakes her head yes (as in "Aspen, would you like to share an ice-cream cone with Mommy and Sawyer?" --- shaking her head up and down in the cutest way imaginable "Yeah!"). She is saying quite a few words now and it's so fun!

And as a side note, she had her 15 month check up this week and is a whopping 19 lbs! (10th% for weight, and 25% for height). She is quite petite. But she sure has a big grin!

Thanks to my sister and her two cute girls for spending the day with us as the zoo.

We really did stay all day!



3 comments:

treadfamily said...

We had so much fun with you guys and I love the pictures. I'm so glad that Sawyer and Alyssa get along really well, it makes it so much more fun to get together. Love you guys and thanks for inviting us.

Rachel and Jared said...

Looks like fun! I wish I could go to the zoo with you guys! Oh and yes I love the new blog look! Very nice.

Your comment about Sawyer made me laugh. Jack also does NOT want to be baptized and he reminds us of that frequently...kids. What a joy huh?

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Wish I could have joined you all!!!