June 4, 2011

A Busy Day!


Today was busy!

Here's me and my girl on location at the Beach

cute, eh?

why am I wearing wellies at the beach on a perfectly sunny day, you may ask? well, that is all part of my job - you see, when I photograph families on the beach I often end up in the water, which is why I come dressed prepared ;)



(never mind if I look like a tween in this photo. My boots are youth sized, and the dress is sized 13-14years - couldn't pass up the Boden sale. i thought I'd give it a whirl, and hey, it worked for me! Seriously, petite girls do have some perks!)

So...

first: PERFECT weather - so so warm and sunny (LOVE it!!!)

not one, but two photo shoots today
my "crew" got to come on location with me, hence the photo above

two trips to two different beaches

a run in with two sets of friends (at the beach, of course!)

a stop at Swanson's Nursery

garden weeded, more shade-friendly grass seed down
(thanks to my man for doing the yard-ly tasks!)

two naps for two tuckered out babes

(we only wish we could've joined them)

two freelancers putting in some hours on our Mac

and a FABULOUS first birthday party for our little friend, Ian
(anime-themed party complete with Sushi and Trophy Cupcakes!)

Whew! What a busy day!

It is a good thing tomorrow is the Sabbath because we all could use a little break around here!

I hope you all had a fabulous Saturday doing fun things, or maybe just relaxing...sometimes down time is a must!

I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that a week from tomorrow, the boy turns 3. Seriously? Where did the time go!?! Time to start gearing up for my challenge for the week: a fondant cake for the little dude, race car style. Wish me luck!


2 comments:

Dena said...

THREE!?? Oh boy....time is just flying by.

Nice weather=needing to visit friends.....just sayin. :)

xoxo

allegra said...

sounds like a fun, busy saturday! just the way i like 'em:) this sun has been SOO nice!

p..s yeeeaaah being petite has its perks. i'll give ya that one! :)