August 14, 2008

Sawyer is 2 months old!




I am 2 months old.
I weigh 11 lbs. 11 oz. (I've doubled my weight in 9 weeks!) and I am 22 inches tall (grown 4 inches!), which puts me in the 25-50% for weight and 25% for height and head.

This month was exciting because I:
Went to my first bonfire at the beach (Golden Gardens).
Started Early Literacy/Baby Story-time at the local Library with Mom.
Went swimming for the first time (at the Mounger Pool, Magnolia).
Saw a Beatles cover band at a concert at Magnuson Park.
Received my Baby Blessing from Dad (Grandpa Carter, Gramps Kemp, Bishop Metcalf, Ken Hadland, Josh Heckathorn, & Paul Steinheiser were in the circle).
Went to Mom's group and met up with friends at the park.
Had a visit from both sets of Grandparents as well as Aunt Jamie and her really nice boyfriend, Brandon.

I love to smile socially and do it on cue.
Have made a couple of very cute attempts at laughing.
Am getting strong – my neck and legs, especially.
Have discovered my hands and like to suck on my fingers.

I love to:
Take baths.
Listen to Daddy sing and play his guitar.
Look at books and listen to stories.
Sing songs and do rhymes with Mom.
Look at the big Elephant picture above the sofa.
Look at my new mobile.
Go for walks outside.
Take naps with Mommy.
Listen/dance to music.

7 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

What a wonderful post. Sawyer is SUCH a doll....what an exciting two months of life he has had. Thanks so much for sharing your events Sawyer! I am so glad you have grown so much!

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh my goodness, look at him! It feels crazy writing this when he's just two months old, but he is 'growing up!' Such a cutie!

Corey said...

What a cute way to write the post! Way to go Sawyer, you sure are growing up fast!

melinda marie said...

oh... oh... oh... I so wish I could fly to Seattle for a day or two to spend time with you and Tia and meet Jacob and Sawyer. Maybe we can all connect sometime soon. I miss you all and think about you all of the time!

Sawyer is simply adorable and I LOVE how you capture his sweet personality through pictures. You've got talent!

Have a great weekend and please say him to Tiabelle for me!

Melinda Melaiya Marie

Minna Dyer said...

Wow! He's so big! As you can tell, it all whizzes by so fast. I'm already buying 5T clothes for Hannah, just cause she's tall for her age, but still- Yikes!

Brittany said...

what a doll! oh so cute! i think sawyer and i have a lot in common. i like to take naps too. and to dance. and look at the elephant...jk. i don't like to look at the elephant. i don't even know the elephant!

kelsey said...

What a cutie!