September 10, 2008

The Hands have it!

The most exciting thing(s) lately in Sawyer's world are his hands.

He sucks on them like they're candy, plays with them like they're toys, and has recently discovered that they're also pretty useful as tools.

It starts with a look of focus, determination, and much concentration, from the top of his head-

-even all the way down to his toes.

Then he does this. He reaches, he grasps, he grabs, he pulls, he bats, he karate chops. He has all the fun in the world with his two little hands. Hooray for hands (and may we grown-ups not take our own hands and hard-learned coordination for granted!)

3 comments:

Auburn said...

I LOVE my babes hands. I love to watch them flex and relax. The best is when he's falling asleep on me and I see his hands just go limp. So darn cute!! Right now little MR cannon is enthralled with his MOUTH! Everything goes to the mouth these days.

Danielle said...

Your photography is consistantly amazing. :)
I remember when Nathan was about 3 months old and his hands magically unclenched and became useful. He became a little more independent and loved his play gym. It was so nice to not have to pry those little fists open to clean out the lint that would collect.

Anonymous said...

Tysha,
These pictures are adorable! I've seen Rachel's pics,too--you do an awesome job! Gordon and I were looking at the first picture, and Sawyer looks just like you! Can't believe he's already 3 months. It goes by so fast!