October 24, 2009

Mama & Her Boy


So...I admit it...I am a camera hog. The benefit of being a camera hog came today when Jacob said "you know, we should really get another camera..." which led to a conversation in which we have made a goal to save up to get me my dream camera, hopefully sometime this year! It also led to this picture. I had been hogging the camera all morning and I said to Jacob "take it - it's your turn." So this is the result: a picture of me and my boy. Thanks, babe. I love it! He's growing so fast! Check out his crazy hair! I am not very good with the clippers and the only thing I really know how to do is buzz it off. Since the weather is getting a little more chilly, I decided to let it get a little longer...but all I can think of is to make it messy so no one will notice my awful hair-cutting ability! If anyone has tips on doing little boy hair, please share! Otherwise, Sawyer will either end up with long surfer-dude hair or super short buzz cuts all the time.

We had a wonderful day today. We went to the Ballard Locks this morning to look at the boats and fish swim by. We even saw a seal! I spent some time hogging the camera and forcing Jacob and Sawyer yet again to be my subjects as we did a mini photo session of Sawyer in his Halloween costume...I'm excited about his costume this year because I broke out the sewing machine and put some of my own sweat into it! And tonight, we headed to the Zoo's Pumpkin Prowl with some awesome new friends who are new in town. We spent a lot of time waiting in lines...but the kiddos had fun, and we got to chat and be out having a good time with great people which always makes for a fun evening. Oh, how I wish there were a couple more Saturdays in the weekend! I just love being able to spend time together! I hope everyone else had an enjoyable weekend as well!

3 comments:

Erin said...

such a cute mama and her boy! Yay for awesome saturdays!!

Auburn said...

I TOO wish we had a couple more "saturdays" in the week. And too funny, but Dave and had this conversation last night about pictures and he made me spend and hour teaching him how to use my new baby (aka, my new camera ;o), so that we wouldn't just have pictures of him and the kids!

santino, polly and little dude Eli said...

Hi Jake and Tysha. I am sorry I didn't realize it has been that long! You have an adorable boy and so grown up!

This is a beautiful picture, Jake.

And congrats on the upcoming baby girl!