October 19, 2009

(After) The Pumpkin Patch...

On Saturday, we decided to brave the wind and rain and go to Carleton Farms to pick out some pumpkins. Much to my disappointment (we're talking break-into-tears disappointment...darn hormones!) I forgot the camera at home. I was about to go back and get it but it would've taken an hour...so I decided to just enjoy being there without documenting the event. However, that didn't stop me from taking a few right when we got home ;) We picked out four pumpkins, representing our little (growing!) family.
As we were washing off our pumpkins and muddy boots, Sawyer discovered the little river of water that ran away toward the drain...and he became enthralled.
I told him, "splish, splash!" and it didn't take him long to start stompin'.
Then, Daddy showed him how to jump up and make some big big splasheds He thought that was pretty cool.
Yep, it's the simple things that make life grand. Puddle jumping just can't be beat!
I know we're biased, but isn't Sawyer one of the cutest boys you've ever seen? He makes life so much fun to live!
While we had the camera out - here's the belly at almost 24 weeks. Little Aspen is certainly doing some growing in there! A friend told me this week that I had been hiding it well but now there is no hiding it!
This was so funny - I said "I have two little pumpkins - one right here (pointing to Sawyer) and a little tiny one hiding in here (pointing to my belly)". Sawyer decided to hide a little pumpkin in his belly, too...maybe you had to be there...but we sure thought it was funny! He still just has no clue what's going to happen in about 16 weeks!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I totally love that you cried because you forgot your camera. :)

AO said...

SO SO cute! For the last three years, we have a pumpkin patch growing in our backyard, and it is SO fun to go out and pick our pumpkins. Last year, Collin had his first pumpkin. He LOVES to play with pumpkins. And yes, Sawyer is cute...and your mommy tummy is cute too!

Rachel and Jared said...

The belly is looking good. I can not wait for that little girl to get here. SO exciting. Sawyer is such a cute kid!! How smart to put a pumpkin up his shirt.

dkkemp said...

Awesome rainboots! Where can we get some of those? Also, you have the cutest little baby bump! We went to a pumpkin patch this past weekend too! I just love this time of year!

capturingtheride said...

Kelli - check out target.com for a huge variety of awesome rainboots - all around $20 ;) Jacob actually gave me those for my birthday last year...love 'em!

Erin said...

haha! his prego belly is awesome!! What a cool kid.