March 21, 2011

Aspen's First Painting

Artist: Aspen Jane Carter
Medium: Handmade Seattle Mud on Recycled Paper Plate
March 21, 2011
Nature School at P-Patch Garden

We LOVE Nature School. I am going to do a whole post about Nature School one of these days (maybe when there is no threat of rain and I can get a few photos of the kids and their darling teacher). I mean, really, it's the coolest school EVER. And this morning we met at one of Seattle's Neighborhood P-Patch Gardens and had class. The art activity was very "Hands On" you might say. Sawyer didn't want to stick his hands in the mud/paint (although he had no problem digging into the mud outside the bucket or planting his seeds with handfuls of dirt) Aspen was happy to give her first painting a go. And me? Well, smiling because we were outside getting fresh air - and I could not only smell Spring - I could see it, too. Hooray for Spring! And GOOOOOOOOOOD Riddance, Winter!

3 comments:

dkkemp said...

That sounds like such a fun school for the kiddos! I love Aspen's little chubby handprint! She's a doll!

Rachel and Jared said...

I don't know if you got my text but THANKS for the package. Love those bibs! Darling!! Also the book is so sweet. Jared read that as a kid. Nature school sounds super cool, and I loved all the sunny pictures. I just can't wait for nice weather.

Sara Jean said...

Awwww! How cute! I'm so glad you put it up on your fridge :) You guys are the best. See you tomorrow!