July 30, 2008

Baby Story Time

Even at such a young age, Sawyer loves to have story time. He loves listening to the stories, and looking at the pictures. Last year around this time, when I was working as a nanny, I took Kaitlyn - who was then 7 months old - to the Seattle Public Library's Early Literacy Program. A few people looked at me like it was strange I was taking such a little thing to the library for a literacy program, but honestly, it is a terrific program that helps teach parents and caregivers specific age-appropriate things they can do to promote literacy early in life. It's a wonderful program!

The next "Baby Story Time" starts tomorrow (Thursday) at the Queen Anne Branch of the library. It is 4 weeks, Thursdays from 12-1pm (for babies 0-1 year). Sawyer is really excited to go (hopefully he won't sleep through it, I'm pretty sure at just 7 weeks he'll be one of the very youngest there!)


For any of you with little ones who live in the area and want to check it out, you can find more information here.

We hope to see you there!

6 comments:

AO said...

You SO don't totally have to convince me of the value of literacy at a young age. I have been volunteering at our local library for about a year or so, and have been SO anxious to bring my little babes to the storytime and anything else they have there...and I can't WAIT to read books to little Superbaby. What a great mom you are. Great pictures! I love reading your blog.

Corey said...

We love going to story time at the Queen Anne Library. We go to the Toddler time though and the boys have so much fun. The story teller is very interactive with the kids and always has such fun art and crafts as well as songs for the kids in addition to the books. It's always a high-light of the week. We'll be there tomorrow at 10:30am. We hope you have fun with Sawyer! Happy Reading!

bev said...

what a cutie!
i love his little smile!

purplebleeder said...

It is NEVER to early for story time! You are such a good mom:) (So either I did the word verification incorrectly, or you are going to see two suspiciously similar comments to approve!)

Anonymous said...

He's getting a little chubby!! How cute..tell Sawyer his Aunt Tia can't wait to read him a story! In fact, I might just bring him one that is very popular for children in Boston..Make Way for Duckling. = )

Jen said...

What a great idea! I am surprised that he is responding so well to books at such a young age. Sounds like he's already growing up super fast!