December 19, 2008

Sawyer meets Santa

Today, Sawyer and I braved the cold and snow and pretty much ice-skated our way to the streetcar (I only wish I were joking). We were lucky to make it there without crushed body parts, or fractured skulls, seriously it was so so icy. But we made it! And then we rode downtown to Nordstrom and waited for an hour and a half (no wonder so many kids are crying in the photos...they are at the end of their ropes after such a long wait!) to see the big man in red.


Sawyer quite enjoyed Santa. He was a warm and jolly fellow, and Sawyer was glad to be out of his bear suit. He wasn't at all shy or afraid of him. If anything, we were lucky he didn't pull his beard off! We had a nice visit with Santa, and then we both got big candy canes on our way out. (PS rather than pay the $30 for a 5x7 with Santa, I just took a few myself. They were very cool about it.)

Nice meeting you, Santa! We'll hope you stop by to see us in a few days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tysha,
Your little guy is so cute! I can see a lot more of Jacob in him now. The Santa pictures are adorable and I love the snow picture of him too. I've been meaning to take Weston to see Santa--probably this week since I'm off for two weeks-yeah! I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the snow! By the way, my email address is: gjdever@cox.net. I still want to be able to see your blog!

Unknown said...

Hey...I love looking at your blog...you take the most amazing pictures...and I just love reading the fun things you have to say...anyway...take care...and Mary Christmas!

Michelle Kemp (Mike's wife)

Joe and Joanne said...

Well, from what I've read over the past six months about Sawyer, he WOULD be the baby to love Santa; what with that very laid-back 'everything's cool' personality of his. Very fun photos, and that's great they let you snap some of your own without making a fuss!
Merry Christmas Tysha, Jacob, and Sawyer!