December 21, 2009

"Yites"







Last night, we drove over to Bellevue to the Botanical Garden d'Lights. Someone had told us they were very cool and worth seeing...so we thought we'd check it out. We probably picked one of the busiest days of the season to go, but oh well ;) Besides the hordes of people and me waddling along, it was quite a site to see (I know, I don't look that big...but let me tell you, when you're a small person, carrying around an extra 20 pounds on your front kinda kills the back...not to mention that I keep having {painful} contractions if I walk too much...oh the joys of pregnancy!)

We told Sawyer we were going to see some lights and he kept shouting out "yites, yites" (his version of "lights" of course). He was pretty excited. There was one snowman of lights, and besides that, it was all what it claimed to be: a garden of lights. There were flowers, palm trees, spider webs, peacocks and ducks, a water fountain, and more flowers. Oh, and lots of butterflies. So, festive in the sense that there were lots of lights - but not really Christmas-themed. I told Jacob it would be cool if they did it in the summer sometime (although they'll have lots of real flowers to look at then...) So, they created a beautiful garden of lights when all the flowers have died off during the winter. It was beautiful, even amidst the downpour that happened while we were there. Luckily, the weather itself has been relatively warm (55ish yesterday).

Anyway, I will quit rambling. It was beautiful. It was fun. Sawyer obviously loved it as the rest of the night he kept talking about the "yites"..."pidohs" (spiders)..."flyes" (butterflies)..."no-man" (snowman) and "ya ya's" (flowers - we're not sure how he got ya ya for flower, but he's been saying it since before his first birthday that way). Hooray for YITES! that brighten up the cold, dark winter nights!

*ps*sorry about the grainy photo quality...all the more reason for me to be excited about saving my pennies to get that dream camera I want (someday...) with ISO that goes up to 6400 with low noise :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! We just got back from there. It was COLD.

Corey said...

We were headed over there Sunday night as well, but there was so much traffic on 90 and 520 we decided to turn around. So we are planning on heading over there Wednesday night instead. My aunt was the head organizer for the light display this year. She goes all out and works 1000s of hours on it. She's amazying! So we are super excited to see all that she created this year. We are glad you guys enjoyed it!

allegra said...

looks like a ball!! i'm sure cute Sawyer was in heaven!

kd said...

Love seeing the pics of your advent activities. Just 20 extra lbs on front?? You wimp! I've got 40! :) But I am nearing single-digit days til baby is due so I'll try to refrain from complaining. Merry Christmas to your family!