February 15, 2011

Our V-day Feast

For the record, this is how our Valentine's Day went:

Daddy made us Blueberry Crunch Coffeecake for breakfast
(he gave me some beautiful earrings)
(we gave the kids some bath tub soapy paints)
We gave him a ride to work
Me and the kids went to Nature Preschool, in the pouring rain
(I tell you, we have a class of troopers)
We jumped in huge mud puddles
Found refuge under canopys of large trees
Sang songs, read stories
Played games and did a scavenger hunt
Then retreated to the visitor's center for a little party
We came home, soaked and chilled.
We took a bubble bath (yes, all 3 of us)
We gave those new soapy paints a try
We lunched, we napped...and then...

I cooked. A LOT.


I believe I've mentioned before that I'm not especially fond of the kitchen?

Well...on Valentine's Day...I spent a lot of time there,
(just for my man).




The menu:

Authentic Thai Chicken Satay
w/ peanut dipping sauce
Fresh, steamed artichokes
w/melted butter
Martinelli's (have to have some kind of bubbly)
Chocolate-dipped Strawberries
Chocolate cake & ice-cream

We were gluttons. We were stuffed. It was DELISH.

(and I gave him a gift)
(and he gave me ANOTHER gift)
(we don't usually do gifts)
(we put the kids to bed)
(we danced...in the dark...to this song...)

Maybe I should cook more often!?!

4 comments:

~Audrey ~ said...

WOW!!! Very impressive. Way to go!

~Audrey ~ said...

WOW!!! Very impressive. Way to go!

allegra said...

so so cute! this post made me smile. :)

the way to a man's heart is always through his stomach. well, not all men. but they do definitely like it, ha ha. it looks delish!! glad you guys had a great valentines!

Anonymous said...

I need your recipes!!! I had friends over for red velvet pancakes and I though, hmm..maybe I am like Tysha after all!!! I got us all chocolate and roses, but I ordered the pancake mix from a breakfast place in Hollywood. Oh well..everyone loved it! Your cake and strawberries look amazing!!!