June 6, 2008

39 weeks (and 2 days)




These are the last preggo pictures you'll see of my belly - it's as big as it's gonna get! We went to our check up this morning and joked around while waiting for Doc to make it to the clinic. She had an emergency C-section to do this morning. Jacob and I were thinking it must be weird to be in an intense surgery and then just gallop back over to the office and walk into our room and be like "hey, how's it going?" She said it is a little weird, and that it certainly keeps her on her toes! I really really love our Doc, I feel so happy to have a Doc that I trust and that respects us. She's great! Anyway, this is the report: 1cm dilated, 50% effaced, and -1 station. Things are slowly progressing. She was honest and said there's a good chance we could go over the due date so not to get it too stuck in our heads. She said there's also a chance things could happen quickly and we could have him this weekend. Basically, she was trying to let us know it's better to expect he could be "late" than to get discouraged if he doesn't come on the due date. If he comes before, what a nice surprise. If after, no big deal. She also said she is confident things will happen on their own, and because she knows we are hoping for things to go Au Natural, she said patience will pay off. So that's the scoop! I am feeling pretty relaxed about all of this - Sawyer will come when he and my body are ready to work together in the best way to help him out into this world! In the meantime, he's having a grand old time doing Taekwondo in there. And my friend, who is due the day after me, invited me to go get a pedicure this afternoon. That way, we will at least have pretty toes to look at! And we keep making plans - tonight some friends invited us to the Fremont Art Walk, where we get to see a glass-blowing demonstration. Here's to good times, and baby boy coming when he's ready! Jacob keeps telling him "Swim down Sawyer, swim, swim, swim towards the light!" Do you think he's listening? Any bets on when he'll come are on!

5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm betting he will come on Friday June 13th- thats the day I find out the sex of my baby.

Country Girl said...

Hello. I came from Minna Dyer's site and saw that you participated in this week's assignment and I wanted to tell you how much I love your picture!

My sons are grown now, but seeing your picture brought back so many happy memories of being pregnant (well, mostly happy!) and childhood itself.

Wishing you happy times to come. Loved your entry. Take care!

Anonymous said...

The day the Celtics win the NBA Finals!!! = )

AO said...

I'm betting he waits and comes on Father's Day! That would be AWESOME! Good luck on these last few days!

Joe and Joanne said...

You look beautiful Tysha. Very nice pictures. How are you? I keep checking your blog for an update and hope everything is going well with baby Sawyer!
Just an FYI, that for security reasons I have locked off my blog to invited readers only. I didn't have your email address, but you are MORE than welcome to read my blog. Just email me your email address at: jr[mylastname]@yahoo.fr and I will set you up to log into my account.
(Don't use the brackets in the email address it's just jr + my last name. And remeber it's not .com, it's .fr).

I admire you for going all natural with your birth. Great choice!
I think he'll come by June 15.