February 14, 2010

happy "heart" day...

*i was snapping a few so we could make a card for daddy...and i just had to share, these kiddos are just too cute!*



oh...remember that itty bitty baby dress i made?



...i think she'll wear it to her first day of church next sunday!

from our little sweethearts to all of you: may you have a wonderful day celebrating those you love!

ps-my valentine's gift this year is that Jacob will finally be released from his service in the university ward bishopric of our church, a service he's been giving whole-heartedly for two-and-a-half years. our family has been greatly blessed by his sacrifice and service...but it will sure be nice to be able to go to church and sit together again! job well done, Jacob!


4 comments:

The Browns said...

Happy Valentine's Day. Love the photos. Tysha, what did you make your headbands out of? They are so cute! Kristen

capturingtheride said...

Kristen,

I made the newborn-sized headbands out of...nylons! Well...I got some cheap (2 for $1) knee highs at the dollar store and then cut off the toe and the band and hand-stitched them together. since they didn't have a baby pink, I got some baby-sized tights (pack of 3 @ Target was like $4) and cut the legs off and did the same thing. I actually did make a little ring to cover the stitching and then to be able to change up the flower or whatever by using alligator clips - but I never got the clips and she came before I made many flowers...so I just stitched the flowers on the headbands and used hot glue to make sure the leaves didn't move too much. SO EASY! The flowers took me longer to figure out how I wanted to do them to get them to look right - if you want, sometime, you can come over and we can have a girly headband making time!

Dena said...

invite me to that headband party! DAR-LING!!

Rae said...

oh YAY!!! You are two sweet for sending me this link. What an adorable little baby in her adorable little dress, and what a proud older brother! You guys must be thrilled, congratulations!