February 9, 2010

My New Job

Today is my first day at my new "job" (mother of two!)...well...it's actually my 10th day, but my first day flying solo the way it will be most days. So far, it seems to be a very natural transition. First thing, we made the bed. I am one of those people who feels like starting out the day with a freshly made bed makes a difference. We also managed to do a couple of loads of laundry, have some joint tummy time, build a "super Thomas" car out of legos, build a train track and make it over the mountain a few times (Sawyer love the Little Engine That Could and shouts "hooray!" when his cars go over the bridge, which he calls mountain). Let's see, we also had some meals and snacks, read some books, changed several diapers, nursed the babe a few times...and I could've taken a shower before noon if I didn't choose to blog instead. Yes, life is happening around here. We are getting into our groove, if you know what I mean.


I am happy to report that Sawyer is doing amazingly well with his sister. I think his only disappointment is that she can't play trains with him yet. I was a little concerned about how he would do because two days after we brought her home he all of a sudden became very whiny and clingly - normal, but very uncharacteristic of our boy. Turns out it had nothing to do with adjusting to his sister - and everything to do with a case of pneumonia. Yes, so sadly, our little son has been very sick. Luckily, I recognized a few signs (having cared for some of the kids I've nannied who also had pneumonia) and we got him to the doc and he now gets that yummy pink amoxicillin twice a day for the next ten days. His spirits are better today than they have been for the past few days, which is a good thing to see. Wish us luck as we all recoup!


PS - I've got to say a BIG THANKS to my Mom, who was able to get away from a lot of other responsibilities to come be with us and help us out the first few days after Aspen was born. I am a hard one to help, I am pretty stubborn, but she ignored my "I can do it all myself" and her hands cleaned our whole house, read millions of books to Sawyer (who was fevered, crabby, and sick), and drew a gazillion trucks with crayons all over the easel paper on our table, just to make Sawyer smile. She even left us with fresh flowers on the table. Thanks Mom. We love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH my goodness!!! Congratulations...what a BEAUTIFUL little girl!!! And my what beautiful pictures! I can't believe you found time to blog on your first day going solo!!! What a fantastic mom you are...this must mean you are meant to have a dozen!!!

Anonymous said...

I would be the daughter just waiting for mom to come help me. You rock sister! cute, cute pics! <3