February 21, 2010

Our Leisurely Weekend

We had a low-key weekend. We had waffles for breakfast. We celebrated Aspen's 3-week-birthday by smothering her in kisses. And then we went to the beach, played in the sand, and watched the sun sink into the Olympic Mountains across the Puget Sound. We didn't do any chores around the house. Jacob even entertained the babe while Sawyer and I took a (much needed) 2 hour nap. Ahhh...life is good!



My heart skips a beat every time I see my husband being so sweet with our children. Aspen loves to have cuddle time with her Daddy. Just look at that happy smile!



As I was getting the camera out, we realized that we haven't had any Mommy-Daughter shots yet...so Jacob took the camera and caught us playing on the bed! I love how she tries to eat my cheeks! Maybe it's because I'm always nibbling hers!

*note her funky/crazy hair. It sticks straight up!*

After our quiet morning and naps, we decided to go out in the 60 degree, sunny afternoon, and check out a beach we haven't visited before: Richmond Beach in Shoreline. It was gorgeous! And a bonus: the trains also go by this beach!





I love this look of anticipation on Sawyer's face as he waits to see the train coming around the corner.

Today, we got to all go to church together. It was so nice. It was only Sawyer's 2nd time going to the nursery class. Some of the kids his age cling to their parents...but he is like waiting at the door, ready to rock the joint! He just loves it, which is such a good feeling for us, knowing he enjoys it when we leave him there to play, make friends, sing songs etc. Whew!

Man, oh man. I just love lazy weekends with my favorite people!

4 comments:

allegra said...

is that a tee pee on the beach? sweet! i'm glad you had a relaxing weekend and especially that you could all sit together at church:) we went to the beach on sat. evening and in the back of my head i was thinking you might be there, and i was looking for you. haha. and you WERE there, just at a different beach!:) but great minds think alike.

Joe and Joanne said...

Looks like a fun weekend! 60 degrees?! I'm jealous. ;) I think it's time for a visit back home.

Love the mommy-daughter photos. You're so cute Tysha! (so is Aspen, of course).

awtitera said...

Tysha, she is seriously beautiful! I wish we lived there and you could take our pictures. They're wonderful.

Ammo and Josh said...

everytime I read your blog I get a little nostalgic for Seattle. So much to do and see there. Aspen is beautiful. I just want to grab her and kiss those cheeks. What precious mother/daughter shots.