April 12, 2010

Aspen's Blessing



Aspen looked beautiful in her white dress. I always get a little teary during baby blessings, but especially when it's my own. As I held my precious little baby I couldn't help but think about the other two times in her life that she'll be beautifully dressed all in white: the day she is baptized, and the day she will be married. She is so pure and so innocent. And so smiley and happy. I hope she is all of those things during her life. The blessing Jacob gave to her expressed something similar, and what a beautiful blessing it was. The sun even came out to shine on Aspen's special blessing day.





We were also happy to have family in town. My parents and my youngest sister and her boyfriend were able to come spend some time with us and be there for the blessing. My parents arrived first, flying in from Chicago where they'd been busy visiting with their "East Coast" grandkids. They now have 13 grandchildren with two more on the way!

We walked to the park by our house. I just love that I caught my mom on the swings. She just turned 60 - can you believe it? (mom, don't cringe! beauty and wisdom truly come with age!) And my dad even got dizzy on the merry-go-round with Sawyer. Speaking of Sawyer, he was in HEAVEN with his grandparents here playing with him.


In a be-lated effort to celebrate my mom's birthday, we had fondue night. All I can say is YUMMY. MMM. MMM. GOOD.


My sister, Jamie, brought her new little puppy, Peanut. You can imagine that Sawyer was also in HEAVEN with a little puppy running around him. It was pretty entertaining, I must say. I know one day Sawyer is going to beg us for a dog. I am looking forward to that day! (And hoping we live in a more suitable place for bigger dogs so we can grant that wish at that time!)


You've got to admit this dog is C-U-T-E!


We sure had a wonderful weekend. Whenever we spend time with family we always wish we were a little bit closer, ya know? But we take what we can get and cherish the memories we make! I feel like now that Aspen is officially blessed and sleeping through the night, she's just growing up too fast! Well, she is growing up fast, just like her brother. All the more reason to just SOAK IT UP.

I am so in love with my babies.
(And my main man, too!)
My heart is overflowing!

7 comments:

Minna Dyer said...

It's a magical time, isn't it? Especially on blessing day.
Sweet is life.

Unknown said...

Congrats! And I sure hope I can commission you to make some of those adorable head bands and shoes when we FINALLY have a babe. Love and miss ya.

Danielle said...

I find I am way more emotional about family-events with two kids than just one. It IS a magical time!
She is just adorable and looks a lot like her big brother. I love your headbands and you have inspired me to get crafty for some girly-baby-shower-gifts. :)

Erin said...

yay! I'm so glad it was even sunny on the special day. Congrats you guys. She is SO sweet.

p.s. her blue eyes are just darling.

Brittany said...

what a special day. i love all the pics - everyone looks their best - they came out very well.

ps - great job on aspen's dress too. so darling!

allegra said...

she looks SO cute! i love the pic of her smiling. what a sweetie!! you got me a little teary eyed reading about the different times she'll be in white. you're such a sweet mama, and little aspen is lucky to be in your home. congrats on a special day. i was thinking about you guys when the sun came out, and thinking how fun that was!

kd said...

You & Aspen nose-to-nose is my favorite picture of this bunch :)