April 1, 2010

His First Tie...Her First...


I had a scrap of material left over from a little project (see below) and decided to make Sawyer a tie for Easter. He has never worn a tie. The top of the tie came out a little funky since I just winged it and didn't have enough material to make a real tie - it's a toddler-friendly tie (I hope). So forgive the top. I think it turned out alright. At least, on a cute boy, I think it'll pass for at least a couple of uses! Sawyer wasn't exactly excited about trying it on, since we were headed out the door to the library and he was much more excited about that. When I told him it is a tie like Daddy wears to church, he was slightly more cooperative. I bribed him with a cinnamon altoid (we just don't have any real candy around here) and it worked long enough to snap a few of my handsome boy in his first (albeit homemade) tie.


And for our Little Lady...well...I'm not sure why I became obsessed with making this to put in her Easter Basket - but the leftover material for Sawyer's tie came from this Ruffle-butt Onesie I decided to make for Aspen. Not a cute name, I know. But pretty cute on a tiny rear-end, don'tcha think?


I hope you are all having fun getting ready for Easter!

2 comments:

allegra said...

so cute!! love the ruffle bum! i'll have to come pinch that cute bum in person sooner rather than later:) and those thighs, (aspen's) i might have to pinch too. so cute. i think sawyer looks handsome in his tie! happy easter weekend to you guys!

Diana said...

Ruffle Butt Onesie. Lol. I have never heard of that.
I love that tie. Seriously. Totally cool.
and you don't have candy in your house? Good for you. Keep it that way. We just bought like 12 snickers bars today (because they have "transformers" themed wrapping.) Richard loves Transformers maybe too much. :)