June 2, 2010

DIY Custom Beach Towels: $2.50


A couple of weeks ago I went to IKEA and found these super colorful towels for $2.50. I picked up a couple (and now wish I got all the colors...) because Sawyer and Aspen could surely use some beach towels this summer (whenever it decides to come, and stay, that is. The joke around here is that summer in Seattle officially begins July 5th).

I decided to use some leftover fabric and felt to customize their beach towels. Now Sawyer knows his is the one with the "S" and Aspen's has the "A". Since it was too cold to hang out at the beach this morning, we just put on our swimsuits, laid out the towels in the living room, and laid in the sunshine that came through the windows before the clouds blocked it out. It was fun!




Dear Summer:

You can come any time you'd like - but sooner than later, please! Our new beach towels are begging to hit the beach!

2 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

You are one creative lady! Those bibs and towels (and pictures) are always a joy to look at!

I hope that summer starts chez toi very soon (sooner than July 5, that is). :)

Anonymous said...

I want a custom beach towel too!!!