January 29, 2010

A Photo A Day #4 - An Indoor Picnic

Sorry if this post isn't very interesting...it's a little tricky to make eating a sandwich look very interesting :) BUT. Today was an inning day again. I can tell my body is getting ready to have this baby...just when is anyone's best guess.

Sometimes, when the weather isn't ideal, we have indoor picnics. I picked up this blanket a while back that is water-proof (which works well outdoors here, as well) and it's perfect for throwing down on the living room carpet and putting together a quick picnic. That's what we did today to make life a little more interesting :)


I also made our sandwiches more fun today...trains and hearts. It's amazing what a few extra seconds and a couple of cookie cutters can do :) Half the time, Sawyer takes a bite of his sandwhich, looks at it, and declares what it looks like "train!" or "tractor!" or "dog!" It's quite amusing. I can't wait for summer-time clouds when we can lay on our backs and "find" things in the sky, as well.

Okay, so maybe a photograph of a toddler eating a pb&j sandwich is less than interesting to most...but to his Momma...well...of course it's cute!

Those cookies we made yesterday afternoon came in handy for our picnic, as well. We usually don't have "dessert" with lunch (and very rarely, with dinner), but today was an exception. Today was our indoor picnic!

Now...off to fold some laundry and perhaps even a little nap - I haven't had one since Sunday!

*ps- yes, the train tracks where I got in trouble are VERY active, in fact. They have had several deaths on those very tracks - which is why I understand why the policeman had to be at least a little serious with me.

3 comments:

AO said...

I am SO loving all your "innings". You are such a fun creative mom. I have got to get my cookie cutters out :)
I'm totally stealing some of your ideas, for next week, when I can finally get to stay at home with Collin....full-time! (Yes, Ryan got a job :) )

Rachel and Jared said...

Fun photo days! Wish we were there to have fun with you. Great pics! Keep hanging on Tysh, you are almost there!!

Alldredge said...

You're such a good mom! And Sawyer is so ADORABLE!!