January 16, 2011

One Magical Day

I am gonna take these vacay posts one at a time.
First off -
We spent one day at Disney's Magic Kingdom (thanks Mom & Dad!).
To be honest, I wasn't sure how much the kidlets would enjoy our day there, since they are so little, but, as it turns out, they quite enjoyed it. And so did we!

You know you're a grown up/parent when...

You honest to goodness get a thrill from watching your kids enjoy the "kiddie" rides
much much more
than going on any of the more exciting "big kid" rides yourself.

Some of my siblings were nice enough to do "fast passes" for us for some of the more "thrilling" rides at the park.
But honestly, I didn't enjoy those rides all that much. Don't get me wrong, they were fun and I appreciated going on a ride or two with Jacob beside me. BUT.
What I liked most, was letting Sawyer be our guide.

First stop: The Race Car Track!


Aunt Tia let him drive and I annoyed the other drivers by stopping ahead of them to snap a pic of my boy in the drivers' seat.
(too bad you could hardly see his head - he had the biggest smile!)
Daddy and Aspen waited and cheered as we passed by!

We also visited The Enchanted Tiki Room
Pirates of the Carribbean
Big Thunder Mountain
Winnie the Pooh
The Haunted Mansion
Space Mountain
The Mad Tea Party
It's a Small World
and
The Liberty Square Riverboat




The only attraction we didn't get to, but would've liked to, was Tom Sawyer's Island (we did see a lot of it from our ride on the riverboat, however). I wanted to take Sawyer there so he could run around and wrec havoc with a charming grin like his namesake ;-) But he does that most every day, anyway.

Everything got even more magical when it got dark outside.
Cinderella's castle was all lit up and changing colors, and the lights twinkled all around us.

Our favorite rides were these:
Sawyer - The Indy Speedway
Mommy - Pirates of the Carribbean
Daddy & Aspen - It's a Small World
and we all enjoyed the ride on the Steamboat.

I have to add that Aspen was ADORABLE during It's a Small World. She kept pointing at the dolls and saying "eh eh!" She looooved it.


We stayed to watch the fireworks go off over the Castle.
By the time we rode the tram back to our car, both kids were zonked out. Such a busy day for such little people. Who knows if they'll remember it years from now? Hopefully these few pics I snapped will help. I've got to admit, as cheesy sometimes as Disney can be - there really is something magical about that place. I'm not sure if it's really "The Happiest Place on Earth" - seemed to me there were a lot of kids who were overstimulated or intimidated by some of the rides. But it sure made for one fun day. Thanks again, Mom & Dad!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So magical!!! Thanks for letting me tag along!!!

allegra said...

wow, looks so fun!! sawyer looks like he was lovin' life. i love the shot of them from behind and they're both standing up by each other...aspen looks so big next to sawyer and he little piggies are too cute:) she's getting so big!

allegra said...

p.s. i know you're twins and all, and it may sound weird, but i think you kind of have your own look from each other! Similar but different... I could definitely tell you apart in real life, I think:) ha ha