May 14, 2008

36 Weeks

Today we had our 36 week checkup. From now on, we get to visit with our Doc once a week! I'm sorry if it bothers anyone to see bare skin - but I had a couple of requests for another belly shot, and since Jacob is at work and can't be my photographer, I decided to try the timer on our camera and see what I could get. I was just about to do some yoga - hence the attire.

PS - Jacob said my belly has finally reached Soccer Ball Status!

This is what it feels like looking down from my perspective these days. I can no longer see my toes, and it's getting harder and harder to bend over. Jacob was a sweetie a few weeks ago and painted my toenails, since it's kinda challenging for me to do a good job. Thank goodness for flip-flops!

Here's what the Doc had to say today (have I ever mentioned how much I love our Doc? She is wonderful!) I figure I should start reporting weekly to keep everyone up to date - and give myself a little task to do. Thus far: 1) I have gained 24 lbs. I think that's right on target. They say you kinda level out on the weight the last couple of weeks, so I think I should make the 25+ that they recommend. 2) Things "down there" are starting to soften up. Which is a good sign. I was .5 cm dilated today. Not much, but a start - and besides, we've got at least 4 weeks to go! 3) The ultrasound today showed that little Sawyer is in the right position and ready to go. He's been head down since the last visit, and things likely won't change much since he's running out of room to maneuver. (I have to admit, I was so relieved to know he's head-down. It's an automatic C-section if the baby is breech and I did not want to go there!) 4) Doc estimated that Sawyer will weigh between 6-7 lbs at birth. Sounds good to me!

This is an exciting time. If you look closely at the picture above, you can see Sawyer sending you a smile as well. He's getting excited to come out and see what a great big world we live in and have many adventures! We'll keep you posted on any changes next week!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

i love the picture you took from your perspective. very cool. maybe because i've never seen things look that way from that angle.

i'm glad to hear that all is well. enjoy your last four weeks!

NessaAnn said...

If you two were any happier, both your belly and your cheeks would crack! Oh, we are so excited, and can't wait to virtually "meet" Sawyer in just a few weeks!

AO said...

Oh Tysha, you look so cute...and I'm so glad you are progressing...and please :) you sound as happy as I do to be a mommy soon! And the skin thing doesn't bother me at all :)

John and Laura said...

Cute belly! Thanks for indulging me. This is when it's the most fun to see pictures. Someone you have only ever known without a belly, all of a sudden has one! So fun!

Rachel and Jared said...

Wait I thought you were having a baby boy, not a soccer ball??
- Jared

Sexy Belly Tysh! We can't wait for baby Sawyer to come out and play!
-Rachel

Kate Otterstrom said...

So exciting Tysha! Your belly is very cute. We're so excited to meet Sawyer!

Joe and Joanne said...

Cute tummy! I can't believe it's only a few weeks until baby Sawyer makes his debut into the world. I'll be feverishly checking the blog!

Corey said...

You are almost there! Isn't it scary when your doctor tells you "Any day now and he could be here...if you start having contractions or your water breaks just head to the hospital don't bother calling first." I wish you luck in the birthing process and hope Sawyer makes an appearance soon. PS - You're lucky to have only gained 25 pounds so far. You look great!