May 21, 2008

37 Weeks

Today was our 37 week check up. So, I didn't gain any more weight last week (they said that's normal about now - or should be!) which means I've still gained 24lbs. Maybe I can go to Cold Stone Creamery and eat a Gotta Have It sized Ice-Cream and make up that extra pound I'm hoping for before the baby comes? We'll see! This week, the baby "dropped". I'm pretty sure it happened when I was walking the 3-mile path around Green Lake. I felt something a little funny and since then both Jacob and I, and now the Doc, can tell he is settling deep down in there, getting ready. I am still dilated .5 cm, so that didn't change. But now instead of just getting soft, my cervix is really soft. Doc said I can keep on walking and being as active as I feel up for. These are all positive signs that things will happen - when they're supposed to!

We also had an hour-long ultrasound today. We had a 2-minute one last week just to make sure of baby's position - but today, Doc said likely because the baby had dropped, I was actually measuring smaller than last week. So Doc decided to do an ultrasound and get a more educated guess as to truly how big, or actually, how small our baby is. To check things out. Which of course made me slightly nervous. We will discuss it all next week, or she will call with any concerns, but everything looked great. According to the measurements, Sawyer now weighs 5lbs 4oz, but that number could be off by 12oz either direction. So, yes, he will probably be a tiny little guy. But as long as he's healthy, I don't mind that he'll be a little one. I mean - look at me and Jacob, we're not exactly big people. And that's exactly what Doc said. It was fun to see him moving around and see his little hands. We even saw that he has some hair! So the picture above, if you can tell, is Sawyer's cute little smooshed face. If you look towards the right side, you can see his eye, his nose & mouth (which look a little squished). As much as you can say it from an ultrasound - he looks cute! My guess is he will be coming right about on time if not a little bit early. But to be honest, I don't mind if he comes a little later - I can't figure out what to do for Jacob for Father's Day - and handing him his son would be the greatest gift ever!

6 comments:

Dena said...

what sweet little kissable lips. he seems SO content. you can see it in his face.

i can't WAIT for you guys....SO FUN.

xoxo

AO said...

How exciting! Sounds like Sawyer is getting ready to come!

lizzie said...

It took me a little while to see that face, but, my oh my is it lovely! We are so excited for you and to see the little guy when both of you are a little less cramped.

Corey said...

Thanks for pointing out Sawyer's face. Even though I've seen lots of ultrasounds it's always hard to tell what you are looking at. I'd say let him campout a little longer if he wants too since babies tend to gain more weight in the last weeks. But it's all up to him when he wants to make his debute. Good luck!

Joe and Joanne said...

That's amazing. The ultrasounds these days are becoming more and more clear: I can even see his adorable little chin!

Rachel and Jared said...

Tysha and Jacob,
It is so exciting that you are almost there. What an anxious, exciting and uncomfortable time!! We can't wait to meet Sawyer in July. Love and miss you.

Rach