January 21, 2010

Another Baby Update...


37 Weeks

I guess I've been too busy to update about any progress or news from our 37 week appointment. In a post coming very soon you will see why I've been busy (let's just call it: more nesting: operation craftiness). So...latest is 2cm/50%/-2 station. I am still at about 23lbs for my weight gain - this week I actually lost about 1/4 of a lb. Hmmm...how does that happen when the only exercise I do is yoga and I do things like drink whole milk? Probably because she's squishing my stomach so much I can't hold much in there. All I really feel like eating is milk, smoothies, and fruit. This babe is completely taking over my belly and squishing every organ I have. She is getting so big that my belly is moving up and over my ribcage now. Luckily, she doesn't kick me there very often. She more likes to do big stretches (yoga girl?) and stick her little back and bum straight out so that my belly looks almost egg-shaped as she does this (a bit ouch for me!) I am starting to think she is going to be HUGE. Okay, not compared to some - but compared to her brother. Sawyer was 5lb 12 oz. and I have a feeling she's going to be at least 6 and a half., perhaps even more! I feel like I am ALL BELLY! We will soon find out! The doctor still thinks she may come a bit early - but it's really hard to tell. I am excited at the prospect of her coming a little in advance (and my twin sister is hoping she makes her grand appearance on Sunday - our 33rd birthday) BUT I also don't want to get my mind set that she's coming early because, in all reality, and as every woman knows who has waited past her due date - the baby comes when she is ready. It doesn't matter how ready or un-ready her parents are :) So, we'll gladly wait to meet her, because any way it goes, it is going to be soon! In the meantime, we have had some pretty awesome early-Springish weather here in Seattle. Almost 60 degrees and some sunshine. It has truly lifted my spirits! I have also accepted that I am just going to feel "this way" until the baby comes...so I made sure to drag myself and my boy outside as much as I could this week. We went to the Zoo, the park, had a playdate this morning with Sawyer's friend/mommy chat with my friend (isn't it the best when you love the mom as much as your child's friend? and she's having a girl, too, so we'll have even another thing in common to chat about!), and tomorrow we are planning on playing at the park as well. People ask if I'm tired. Well, I'm more uncomfortable than tired (even though I slept only about 5 hours last night). I am likely found working on projects til about midnight or 1am...Jacob says I should really get more rest since any day I am going to have to push that baby out into this world! I think he's right. I should!

PS - thanks to all of you who commented about being GBS+. I think I may have mislead people when I said that my doc only mentioned artificial induction as an option if I was worried about not getting the antibiotics in time. Truth is, my bigger concern is having an IV! But I WILL NOT be induced unless it becomes a medical necessity - which is very unlikely in my situation. Also, my doctor knows I desire an unmedicated/natural birth, and is aware of the "cascade of interventions". She is an amazing doctor, and I feel so lucky to have her. If I didn't have her, I'd probably go the mid-wife route, but she is so exceptional, I will stick with her as long as we're in this city! It is a blessing to be able to put your trust in someone in the medical profession, and know that they are working for you. Not everyone is so lucky.


4 comments:

Rachel and Jared said...

Love the belly pics!! I can not wait until that little girl gets here! Isn't it amazing how your body accommodates that baby...even over your own comfort most of the time :)

Unknown said...

i loved your belly shots from the previous post. very beautiful and emotional.

The Browns said...

awesome belly photos! Good luck the next few weeks. Sydney will be 6 months next week and I was wondering which book you used to reference for making baby foods. I remember a post on your blog a long time ago. Could you please send me an e-mail or facebook post about it? Thanks. Hope to see you tomorrow at Alicia's shower (unless you're in labor :)
Kristen

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Oh, I hope your baby decides to make an entrance on your birthday. You're already used to sharing it with someone, why not make it a bigger party! My little brother was born on my dad's birthday and it makes it easy to remember and more fun to celebrate. Hope the last few days of pregnancy go quickly!