January 17, 2010

The Belly

As promised, here is my belly at just about as big as it will get. Well, maybe it will get a tiny bit bigger - but there's not a whole lot of time left. This is at almost 37 weeks. I was being a little too serious in front of the camera (who wouldn't be...when you're baring your big belly? I'm much more at ease behind the camera)! Jacob got me to smile by having me say - instead of "cheese" - "Aspen will be beautiful". Well, I think she will be beautiful, to us at least (and if she follows suit with her brother everyone,everywhere we go will comment on how cute she is!)

Isn't it amazing how it can grow so big, in such a (relatively) short amount of time.(With any luck, it will shrink back just as quickly!)

I will be honest in saying that pregnancy is NOT as glamorous and wonderful as I always dreamed...but there are certainly some amazing moments. My very favorite part is just feeling our little baby dancing around in there. She is SUPER active! She always pushes her little foot out in one particular spot (kinda like how Sawyer used to jab me in the ribs in a particular spot!) and I love that I can touch her little foot through my flesh and interact with her. It's fun when we talk to her, or sing to her, and feel her move around: she's listening! We keep telling her to come as soon as she's ready, and then she can meet her awesome brother, who will be so excited to see her (we hope ;)

Well...there you have it! My big, round, belly! Thanks goes to Jacob for documenting my belly as it grew these past several months!



PS-I also thought I should be accountable with a little update on my goals. I have completed half of them, set a couple on the "back burner" for now, and continue to work on the rest. They have kept me busy (among all the other things on my "to do" lists!) But they have been excellent goals. If you didn't see my post about these goals - check them out at the end of this post I did about 7 weeks ago:
10 Things in 10 Weeks Goals.

5 comments:

Corey said...

Beautiful photos! I'm sure you don't feel like it, but you don't even look big enough to be giving birth so soon. You look awesome!! Good luck on the BIG DAY!!!

Casey and Ryanne said...

You're belly is absolutely beautiful. I'm amazed each day at how fast it can grow, but it is such a wonderful thing. I'm glad that you found our blog because it inspired me to find yours. It looks like you guys are doing so well. I'll be coming to Seattle February 4-7 so maybe I can swing by and say hi. It's been so long! Good luck with the delivery and stay in touch.

Ryanne (Erickson) Robles

allegra said...

i love these pics! maybe before i get too big (oh, wait...too late! :) ), i should have dan take some of me.

can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Mallory said...

You are an adorable pregnant lady just so you know!

awtitera said...

I'm so excited for you... I hope everything goes as smoothly as it did with Sawyer. I am having trouble remembering what it was like being pregnant. you make it seem too easy and too elegant!