January 27, 2010

A Photo A Day #2 - Carkeek Beach

Sorry for the late post! Aspen didn't decide to come today...we just had some errands to run in the morning and didn't get to our outing until after nap today (or lack of nap, should I say? since Sawyer slept in the car for 20 minutes and then couldn't sleep - can I blame him? the sun was out in full force!)

We live just around the corner from a wonderful beach. We go there a lot - but we haven't been since the day after Thanksgiving because of cold weather (and not feeling well...) Have you noticed my new attitude? Even though my back is KILLING me and I waddle around and feel like this baby is going to just fall out of me one of these days...I am trying hard to have happy spirits and enjoy these last days I have solo with our son. I'm trying...

So - picture this: our garage is so small that we can only get in one side (the other is too close to the wall). Normally, not a problem. But now that we have two carseats in back, and Sawyer's is on the far side...I have to sit him on my lap (what lap?) to back out of the garage before I put him in his seat. He, of course, loves it. He says "back out, back out" and, so far, doesn't complain when after we back out he has to go sit in his seat in back. But me...well...let's just say it's kinda tricky when you have no lap left to sit on! I am grateful for our garage...but, my oh my, who designed such a tiny thing?

We had a BLAST playing with sand toys, watching for trains, throwing rocks in the water, and sitting on logs (not to mention splish-sploshing through the water in our boots).

My happy, handsome, little man!

We stayed all afternoon, until the sun started to make the water glisten as it got lower in the sky. Man, oh man, we've scored the past two weeks with Spring-like weather! Gotta take advantage!

One more note from our outing: my name is now on file with the police. If you live in the area and visit this beach, take note! They are painting the walkway over the train tracks that leads down to the beach. I asked the painters if there was any other way to the beach, since we'd made the effort to get there and I didn't want to disappoint Sawyer. They told me that someone had unlocked the fence and that you could go across the tracks that way on a path down to the beach. Well...did you know (as I do now!) that crossing tracks is a FEDERAL OFFENSE? Yep. You can get fined $1000 and serve up to 3 months in prison for doing such a thing! Yikes! Good thing the officer who "caught" us was super nice about it all and just put my name on file (which means I do not have a police record, I just got a friendly warning that if I did it again, they would then definitely be more serious!) So...lesson learned: don't listen to the painters!

So, there it is - day 2 (maybe I should call it "several photos a day"?)

PS ---


Week 38 Update

No changes. Still the same as last week. Although the Doc is still convinced I won't make it to the due date...at this point, do I care? Well, it would be nice to be more comfortable and have a beautiful new baby in my arms...but besides that...I'm just having fun taking it a day at a time!

3 comments:

The Ahlstrom Family said...

You take the most amazing photos Tysha! You must have the best scrap books around! :) Thinking of you during these next few weeks - thank goodness we know that eventually they all come out! :)

Joe and Joanne said...

Oh Tysha, sorry you're feeling so uncomfortable right now. Your discomfort hasn't effected your ability to take great photos though! Nice job! You know, in all the many years I lived in that area (28+) I don't think I've ever been to Carkeek. I've heard about it a ton, but to the best of my knowledge, never visited. Good for you taking advantage of what the region has to offer as you try to get the pain of late 3rd trimester out of your mind.

Hmmm...are those train tracks active? I can maybe see why they'd issue a warning about that but if they're dead (like many are around the area) I wonder why they care? I'm sure your name will fall off the list soon. ;)

Elaine Kemp said...

Tysha,
your posts and pics are amazing! Really very well done. Sawyer is so handsome and Aspen, a baby doll for sure. I enjoy your comments. They make me miss you. AuntE